Chrome plating or also called Chromium Plating is a technique of electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto a metal object. The chromed layer can be decorative, provide corrosion resistance, ease cleaning procedures, or increase surface hardness
- High plating speed (up to 1 µm/min)
- Bright coatings
- Fluoride free, therefore only slight attack on iron.
- Hardness of approximately 1000HV (0.1)
- Micro-cracked deposits ( >250 - 300 cracks per cm)
- High cathodic current efficiency (up to 25%)
- Good throwing power
Hard chromium electrolyte with high current efficiency
- Applied for deposition of decorative bright chromium layersApplications:
High efficiency bright chromium electrolyte
- Can be used if the reaction is weakApplications:
Using to cover smoke from chrome solutions.